Genre Research: Ava

     



One element that I chose to base my final task on is twists. There are many elements to choose from. I paired that element with this film because the film is flooded with twists. You could use this film as an example for how twists are supposed to be presented. A twist is when there are multiple changes. These changes aren’t bad, in fact they are good. The twists are what enhance the individual plot. Even though the plot can stand on its own there are ways to make it more interesting. Twists are one of the ways. What makes the twists so enhancing is the fact that they are unexpected. There are lots of pros and cons to the unexpected. People usually consider it to be a bad thing. It's just not as likely for people to know that there is lots of good in the unexpected. Like a birthday party it's already fun and interesting, but when it's a surprise party it's one hundred times better. An element that I found quite intriguing was the complexity of the plot. Lots of people mistake using conventions here and there to creating a cliche. The definition of cliche is something that is overused or lacks originality. This filmmaker had a very unique style. Throughout the movie small details that lead to the conclusion. An element that I disliked was the lack of attention grabbing. I wasn’t fully invested in this movie because the filmmaker did not make me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incorporating Perspective

Filming Techniques for my Music Video

Planning my Starburst commercial