Filming Adjustments in my Music Video


“Saying is very easy but doing is very hard.” This was said by Shaheen Khan. Khan is also in the film industry. She is a Indian film actress. Throughout the filming process I have grown to understand this quote. Even though it seems very obvious, it’s truly not. In life we seem to underestimate lots of things. Not just recently but overtime I have always admired the art of film. I thought,” This is easy! I can do that.” Today I figured out that it’s not as easy as it looks. I made a few significant changes to my music video. I decided that I would use the park as the only location for the music video. This was because I didn’t want to take the focus off of the main subject. The song is the main subject and what needs to be highlighted. With this same mindset I incorporated more transitions into the video. This way the video would still have that wow factor. If I had stuck to my original plan to change our clothing and the location multiple times the audience could get mesmerized. They would be so centered on the alterations of each scene that they miss the message. I also made a minor adjustment for one of the shots. I included another person. I figured that he would add an element of surprise to the film. Since I stuck to a more traditional route I made sure to add details of the unexpected. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incorporating Perspective

Filming Techniques for my Music Video

Planning my Starburst commercial