Editing my Starburst commercial

Editing is a crucial part of film production. It is like adding the final touches. The editing is where all mistakes that got past the planning stage are corrected. Without this step, media would be so different than we know it today. When you watch a movie or a tv show you don’t see the cameraman or bloopers in the actual movie. This is because they edit. Do you think people would enjoy watching movies that seem incomplete, I know I wouldn’t. The editing on my commercial went smoothly for the most part. This time around it wasn’t as challenging because of my prior knowledge. After using editing software for my last media project I was able to learn the ropes.  Although I have not completely perfected the skill of editing I would say that I can navigate the software pretty easily. Most of my time editing was spent on the overall quality of my commercial. The visual and emotional aspects mostly. What I mean by this is I made sure that the camera quality was very clear because Iknow that sometimes videos can import differently than the original content. As far as the emotional aspects, that is a part of the conventions. All companies in the advertising industry use your emotion to lure you in. You would see this in a charity commercial where they use the sick kids or in a shelter commercial with the puppies. Since my product has a positive connotation they attempt to trigger happy emotions like using bright colors or happy music. Those are some things I made sure to emphasize during the editing process. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incorporating Perspective

Filming Techniques for my Music Video

Planning my Starburst commercial